Vegan sausage rolls
These sausages hold together very well – once baked you can just pick them up and eat them without the puff pastry if you would prefer a lower fat version.
Vegan sausage ingredients (makes 24 mini sausage rolls:
- 20 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 200g ground almonds
- 50g bread crumbs
- 20g nooch
- 6 tsp miso paste
- 3 tsp thyme
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Ready rolled puff pastry – I used reduced fat Jus Roll brand.
- Dipping sauce (ketchup is perfect with the flavour of the sausages)
- Mince the sun-dried tomatoes. Don’t lose any of the oil as you will need it to keep the sausages moist.
- Combine the minced sun-dried tomatoes with all other and mix firmly with a wooden spoon until it comes together.
- Form cherry sized balls with your hands and then roll them out into a sausage shape on a smooth surface by pressing very gently as you move the sausage from your palm to your finger tips and back – pat in the ends of the sausages. If your sausage breaks or begins to come apart while rolling then squish it back together, shape into a ball and begin the rolling again.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry and cut it into rectangles and then slice these into triangles.
- Roll the sausages in the triangles starting from the widest edge and rolling towards the point of the pastry.
- Bake them in the preheated oven at 180C (360F) for 20 minutes until the pastry is nicely baked and golden brown. If you are not using the pastry then bake them for the same time but at 170.
- Serve with ketchup or another dipping sauce
I adapted this recipe from the original one on the Exceedingly Vegan site