This is by far my most favourite recipe created during my kitchen play day last weekend. It’s great on its own, in salads, on a jacket potato….in fact it’s so tasty that I’ve eaten it every day since I made it! There are loads of recipes for this dish to be found, and the one below is my adaptation on the theme:
- 3 large carrots peeled into thin strips (I just used a standard veg peeler)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp caper juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Boil carrot strips for 5 mins
2. Drain and add to marinade while the carrots are still hot
3. Marinade until oven heats up to 200 degrees
4. Wrap carrot and marinade in tin foil and bake for 10 -20 mins (until your carrots are soft and pliable, but not so long that they begin falling apart when handled)
5. Cool carrots. Serve on plain crackers or on vegan cream cheese. Eat. Delight in the smoky mind blowing deliciousness dancing in your mouth.
p.s. if you make a large batch then this will keep in the fridge for a few days (probably longer but I keep eating it all before I can properly test the longevity).