- 1 large butternut squash – peeled and chopped
- 4 med carrots – peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks celery – washed and chopped
- 2 bell peppers (any colour) – washed and chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes plus 2 tins water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp tabasco or other hot sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp dried dill-weed
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1tsp liquid smoke
- 20g milled flaxseed
- Raisins and pumpkin seeds for topping
- Put everything except the toppings into a wide bottomed saucepan
- Add extra water if required to bring level of liquid up to just below top of veg.
- Stir once or twice
- Cook on medium heat until vegetables are soft.
- Add more water during cooking if required.
- Blend vegetables until the soup is smooth.
- Top with raisins and seeds.
- Serve hot.