Things I shouldn’t be doing and things I should.
1. I shouldn’t be pointlessly staring at the windfall apples and red currants from our allotment.
I should be making red currant jelly for use on 11th October which is Canadian Thanksgiving Day. The apples need to be cored, sliced into rings and dried so number 3 son can enjoy them as snacks.
2. I shouldn’t be alphabeticallising (is that even a word?) the guest list for my Portsmouth book launch party on the 20th October before I’ve had a chance to enjoy my London book launch party on the 4th October.
I should be sending out the bus timetable to all the London launch guests in case the planned tube strike goes ahead. I should also be fretting about how Chopper and I are going to get there in time to eat and pick up a load of booze on the way if we have to bus it into Wood Green from the train station. If you happen to be passing the Big Green Bookshop between 7 – 9 pm on the 4th October then please do stop in and say hello.
3. I shouldn’t be talking to the cats even if they are staring and meowling at me.
I should be getting on with finishing at least one of my novels in progress and finding myself an agent. I want one ever so muchly but suspect an agent isn’t going to come looking for me, no matter how long I sit and wish for it to happen.
4. I shouldn’t be messing about on Twitter, Facebook and Goodreads.
5. I shouldn’t be fretting about work tomorrow.
I should be making the most of my time off work but doing anything but thinking about what lies in wait during the work week ahead.
If you too want to confess to 5 things you shouldn’t be doing then leave me a comment, so I can come see yours and feel less guilty…
If you want an excuse to procrastinate just a little longer then you can come and read my interview over on Nik’s blog