These versatile sausages are really satisfying – the flavour reminds me of cheese covered hot dogs – they’re delicious as part of a roast dinner or simply in a sandwich or as a burger. This recipe has been adapted from the original on the Exceedingly Vegan website
- 100g walnuts
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 75g oats ground into flour
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp thyme or marjoram
- 2 tbsp nooch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add 100g of walnuts into a food processor and blend until you get a coarse flour. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Repeat this for your oats (using a blender or a bullet) and add to the bowl containing the ground walnuts
- Dry fry your mushrooms until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add to the food processor together with 5 sun-dried tomatoes and 1 tbsp miso paste. Process until it turns into a smooth paste.
- Add to the walnuts and oat flour and mix together until you get a sticky dough-like mix. Form small balls with your hands and then roll them out to create small sausage shapes or press larger balls into patties for burgers.
- Cook in the oven at 170 for 20-30 mins or until piping hot through to the middle.