My husband loves brack so when I changed to a vegan diet this was one of the first recipes I worked on creating. It produces a light and fluffy brack every time.
- 500g mixed fruit (the brack pictured has cranberries, mixed citrus peel, figs, raisins and dates) soaked in half cup black tea (made with two bags)
- 200ml plant milk100g margarine
- 150g brown sugar
- 275g flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- Soak fruit in strong black tea for at least one hour, stirring occasionally
- Cream together margarine and sugar
- Add flour, baking soda, spices and plant milk and mix till just combined then add fruit and mix a few times.
- Pour into greased and lined tins and bake at 170 for 45 min or until done.