- 2 sticks celery (diced)
- 1 clove fresh garlic or 2 cloves pickled (minced)
- 2 large carrots (sliced into thin rounds)
- 4 med parboiled potatoes (skin on) sliced into 2cm thick sections
- 100g dry quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 tin of butterbeans plus the liquid from the tin
- 1 large jar sauerkraut drained and rinsed
- 2 litres of vegetable broth
- 1tbsp miso
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1tsp marjoram
- pepper to taste
- In your soup pan sauté the celery and once soft add garlic until cooked through.
- Add remaining ingredients (or transfer everything to a slow cooker), bring to a boil then simmer until potatoes and quinoa are cooked through. Do not stir while cooking or your potato slices will break up.
If you use a slow cooker then leave it on med for a few hours or low for the day. As above, avoid stirring.