I eat a couple of these before a run and it seems to keep my runger under control afterward. By control I mean that I still need to eat but I don’t feel the same need to eat ALL the food in the house.
- 1 quartered and cored medium apple with skin left on (Pink Lady or similar sweetness)
- 12 dried apricots or similar amount of other dried fruit (raisins, apricots, cranberries, dates)
- 94g plain oats (it doesn’t matter what kind, use what ever you have in the cupboard)
- 2tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2tsp soft brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp good quality vanilla essence
- Use an S blade on your food processor and bung in the apples and apricots.
- Once they are finely chopped add the rest of the ingredients and blend until mix resembles a smooth paste.
- Chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll into one bite sized balls
- Try not to eat all at once
- Store any survivors in covered container for up to one week.