This is my recipe for ‘foolproof’ (non exploding) lactose free and gluten free chocolate mug cake (which can also be made with normal milk and flour).
- 4 tbsp gluten free self raising flour (also works with flour containing gluten)
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 egg (it doesn’t matter what size, honest)
- 3 tbsp lactose free milk (you can use regular milk if you want)
- 3 tbsp oil (whatever you have in the cupboard)
- Mix first 3 ingredients in microwave safe mug (normal cup of tea size)
- Crack open the egg into the mug and mix in well
- Add the final two ingredients and mix well making sure to scrape the bottom of the mug
- Put in microwave on maximum for 2 1/2 mins
- Wait until it stops rising and sets in the mug (about a minute)
- Tip out onto a plate and eat it (or eat straight from the mug)!