Malay Spiced Cranberry Sauce
- 5 whole star anise
- 5 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick broken into bits
- 1 vanilla pod
- 600g whole cranberries
- 160ml fresh squeezed orange juice
- 160ml water
- 3tbsp orange zest
- 345g sugar
- Place spices in a piece of muslin and knot it tightly
- Combine rest of ingredient in a medium sauce pan, add spice bag. Bring to a boil stirring constantly then reduce heat to simmer for 20 – 35 mins (until cranberries are cooked).
- Store in fridge and eat within 2 weeks or…
Preserve for up to a year using the method below:
- Scoop cranberry sauce into sterilised jars, twist lids on tightly then add to boiling water bath that covers the lids of the jars for 10 mins.
- Remove, cool, and store in a cool dark place for up to one year.
- Check button on jar lid is still down before eating. If the lid button has popped up then do not eat the contents of the jar.