These hearty fruit filled pancakes are just the thing to set you up for the day.
Ingredients (serves 6 or 3 big appetites):
- 200g self raising flour
- 50g coconut sugar or caster sugar
- 1 tsp all spice
- 200ml plant milk (I used oat)
- 150g fresh raspberries / 100g frozen
- 150g fresh blueberries / 100g frozen
- 1 large mashed banana
- Combine dry ingredients throughly
- Make a well in centre and add milk and banana, stirring until blended in
- Add berries and mix a few times until just combined
- Use a non stick fry pan with a small drizzle of oil on the heated surface to cook your pancakes.
- I use a ladle to measure out the batter. One ladleful should equal one large pancake.
- Wait until edges are bubbly and turning crisp before you flip the pancake.
- Keep pancakes warm on a tray in your oven set to 100 degrees until you have cooked the whole batch.
- Serve with vegan yogurt and / or maple syrup if eating them hot. Also very tasty if eaten cold for lunch or dessert.