I’ve been doing a lot of swimming lately because my knee is permanently inured so I can’t run as much as I used to, and I’ve signed up to swim 5k during the Swimathon this year. The thing about swimming is that I find my mind drifts, and I end up with the most random thoughts running through my head. Here’s a selection from swims this week:
1) FFS, who put perfume on before going swimming?
2) Why is that every time I look at the lifeguards they are also looking at me? Coincidence? I think not!
3) Is that woman doing the breaststroke with her head out of the water actually keeping pace with me while I am doing the front crawl? THE SHAME!
4) Why is the water temp dropping?
5) Will I be disqualified during the swimathon when I have to get out and go for a wee after the 2nd hour?
6) Why is the deep end so murky?
7) Are swimmers’ front crawl breathe faces similar to their sex faces?
8) Why do my swim goggles hurt so much after the first hour of swimming?
Does anyone else suffer with this randomness during swimming sessions?